here are many things in our culture that grab us and won’t let go. Sometimes sex is one of them. Perhaps that’s the case for you or your spouse/partner.
Sexual addiction plays a prominent role in the “I Can’t Say No” kind of extramarital affair I outline in my E-book, “Break Free From the Affair.”
These questions are intended to help you be more aware of some behaviors that perhaps indicate that sex has a hold on you. If you answer yes to three or more questions it probably is wise to take a closer look at the place of sex in your life.
1) Do I have sex at inappropriate times, inappropriate places and/or with the wrong people?
2) Do I make promises to myself or rules for myself concerning my sexual behavior that I find I cannot follow?
3) Have I lost count of the number of sexual partners I’ve had in the past 3 years?
4) Do I have sex regardless of the consequences (e.g. the threat of being caught, the risk of contracting herpes, gonorrhea, AIDS, etc.)?
5) Do I feel uncomfortable about my masturbation, the fantasies I engage in, the props I use, and/or the places in which I do it?
6) Do I feel jaded, exhausted, cynical? Am I on the path to that?
7) Do I feel that my life is unmanageable because of my sexual behavior?
8) Do I have sex as a way to deal with or escape from life’s problems? DoI feel entitled to sex? Do I feel as though I have earned sex?
9) Do I have a serious relationship threatened or destroyed because of outside sexual activity on my part?
10) Do I feel that my sexual life affects my spiritual life in a negative way?
For more information on sexual addiction and infidelity, visit my site.
Forget “metrosexuals.” The hot new man in town is the “ubersexual.”
That’s right, just when you thought you finally understood the metrosexual trend, it turns out that the new uber male not only exudes confidence and leadership, but-and this may be the crucial difference-does it all while still embracing his masculinity. In other words, as one trend spotter recently put it, ubers mark “the return of ‘The Real Man’ of yesteryear.”
So the burning question is: How else does an uber differ from a metrosexual?
Well, both groups have female friends; however, an ubersexual’s best pals are males, while a metrosexual’s are females.
Both ubers and metros may groom themselves with expensive products-in fact, nearly two out of three men recently surveyed said they own and consistently use a variety of grooming products. The difference is that you won’t catch an ubersexual highlighting, waxing or self-tanning.
One thing ubers and metros do have in common is a love of pearly white teeth-and as far as ubers are concerned, the whiter, the better. In fact, one survey found that 70 percent of them think white teeth go hand in hand with great hairstyles when it comes to the top two most important facial features. Yet, three out of four ubers admit their teeth “could be whiter.”
The same survey found that ubers had no qualms about strolling into a store to pick up a personal grooming product such as Crest Whitestrips Premium. To add an especially “uber-masculine” twist to the strips, men sometimes put them on for 30 minutes, twice a day, while watching sports on TV. They get a whiter smile in just three days, with full results in seven.
Women looking for just the right uber may want to take note of the survey, too. Nearly half of men stressed that white teeth are a deciding factor when asking a woman on a second date. Also, one in five men said they absolutely couldn’t kiss someone with yellow teeth.